Information and Guidelines for the Final Examination
- Coverage: All the material covered in
the textbook in chapters 6, 7, 8, 12, 13 and 14, plus all the material
covered in the lectures since the midterm, plus the material covered
in Assignment 2, plus additional assigned readings. See
Handouts , , , and  at the course's website.
- Question types: There will be three
types of questions:
1. Questions based on end-of-chapter problems.
2. Questions based on the text, including side-bars.
3. Questions based on discussions in class, including, but not
limited to, discussions relating to Assignment 2; as well as questions
on any additional material (sent to you via e-mail).
I will give you a re-print of Handout [5A], three
pages, and Handout [8A], one page.
- Date, time, and place: Monday,
June 10, 2:30-4:30 PM.
- What to bring: Make sure to bring a
non-programmable calculator, a ruler, and a writing implement. Paper (including
graph paper) will be provided. There is NO pencil
sharpener in the room.
- Please note that this is a CLOSED-BOOK
exam. Also, there will be NO EXTENSION of the time
period. All exams will be collected at TBA. You may
leave earlier if you finish earlier. The use of a cell phone as a calculator,
or for any other purpose, will NOT be allowed.
- From the Syllabus:
- How to study for this course. It is absolutely essential that you
keep up with the course work as we go along. Study in a gradual and steady
manner from day one, and utilize office hours (if you need them) in the same
cramming will not work. With this in mind, please note that there will be no
review sessions prior to the midterm or the final exams.
- The exams will include questions that will not have
been covered in class, but which are covered in assigned readings.